Skip to main content

The Stage!!

Hello everyone! The stimulus to write this particular piece came to me from a situation in which my wild style had landed me. Here I talk about a particular point which comes in everyone's life. A STAGE SET TO FAIL 


Yes, a stage set to fail. When we wake up in the morning we never think of the surprises which are about to come our way in the course of the next twenty-four hours. Mostly, we never anticipate events of the day i.e. how will they unfold? What new changes will they bring in our life? What will be the consequences of those particular events in our future life? We always feel comfortable in assuming that everything will be fine and if a problem comes it will be tackled to the best of our abilities. This is how we live our lives with our eyes and minds closed. Still, there are times when our work, our ego, our ethics are challenged. There are times when for no fault of our we are trapped in a situation which builds up a stage on which we are expected to fail. Expected to fail by those who helped to build it and are the chief architects of the loss which follows that failure.
I know it sounds a little confusing but it happens more often than we tend to observe or choose to accept. The stage I talk about can be set silently by our peers, seniors or with all show and announcement by a person who wants to prove that you deserve to fail. So, you might be thinking why am I talking about this morbid thought suddenly? Well, to be frank, I do not have a particular answer to it but just that I was made to fall in such a trap recently which made me realize that this is something I would like to discuss with my readers. So, as I told that I was put in such a situation recently, I would also like to share that I felt it be one of the most uncomfortable feelings I had ever had in my life. The constant fear of failing or the drums which roll after that. It had put me in constant tension which also hampered my day to day activities. It was my observation that the constant stress of failing on that stage; made me inefficient in my daily work too. After giving it a thought I came to a decision that there were two ways in which it could be tackled i.e. either it could be used as an opportunity to prove my own worth or it could be regarded as a headache which just bogged me down in my day to day life. With some luck, I achieved the former (proved my worth) but the question still remains how should we tackle this situation in daily life?
According to my opinion, every individual is different and has a basic amount of will power and determination to complete worldly duties both professionally and personally. The situation which I faced was in my professional life. Being a final year resident is a big responsibility and apparently, a tact too. So, the chances of being set are higher as compared to other times in the medical profession. So coming back to the point i.e. How did I handle my situation?


I believe I found the key to success in pressurizing situations like these was in the organization. Organisation didn't just mean professional career but also in personal life which meant setting up a routine for basic necessary chores. When put on the stage I went back to basics. I remembered how I used to face the challenge of being cornered before. Being back to basic meant being a nerd before being a doctor. Sometimes, as mentioned the stage is set by those who are in power. People who are the architect of the problem you are in. According to me, that's the toughest time you face while fighting this challenge.
That day I just sat down for an hour arranging my thoughts. While facing this situation I divided my problem into three parts. First, the events which lead me into the trap, I detailed them into a very elaborate sequential manner on a piece of paper. It didn't just help me understand the intricacies of the politics on which my profession runs but also made me realise that that kind of mistake should not be repeated again. Second, the effect it had on my personal life. The fear of failing publicly not only made me slow in my reaction time to things but also made me inefficient in decision making. What I also realised while undergoing through this experience was that this is exactly what the person setting me up wanted i.e for me to live in fear. Third, a sequence of events which if can't reverse the order of events will at least give me a fighting chance to prove my worth. Also, I would like to mention that when I say an hour that means an hour of analysis and interpretations, lots and lots of information being churned in and out of my brain. After that heavy thoughtful hour, my goal was clear in my mind. My aim was to follow my basic instincts and just do my 100% in the difficult task I was facing. Next day, I got up and started from the most basic thing I had jotted down the previous evening leading to the last day when I was able to fight the challenge.


I know what I exactly did is still not mentioned in the blog, but, it is because right now as a final year resident I am not in a position to reveal certain characters and the real thing involved. So the cryptic message to all the readers - be organized in life no matter what. Be it a difficult situation or an easy one we should always be prepared for new challenges which are to come. I don't and also do not expect anyone to anticipate any future events in their day to day busy lives, but I am a firm believer of this concept i.e. if we are organized in our life to every inch of what we do and what we have done in past then these difficult situations are easy to handle. If not, then they can lead to depression, taking up of vices or maybe just plain and simple resignation from the will to fight new challenges in life making us stagnant forever. Having said that I also know that there are some situations in which we land ourselves into, I urge you not to compare those to this as it was something put on my head by someone. I also realise that there may be tasks which are more difficult and laborious than what I was given still I believe organization helps you to achieve them and also plays a major role in taking the pressure off one's shoulder.

In the nutshell, if you are organized then life is a little easier.

READ. SHARE. SUBSCRIBE











               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for