Skip to main content

Wild Style

DISCLAIMER - Before I proceed further to discuss the crux of this write-up in my life I would like to say that I do not blame anyone or intend to point a finger in anyone's direction by my opinions of the society, culture, the country I live in. 
                                                       There is a very specific reason why I took up this project - "WILD STYLE". Being born in one of the most aggressive and notorious states of India has its own benefits and negative points. Since my under graduation days I have been labelled as an outsider where ever I go. I have mostly not been accepted easily by any group of people, friends or a new community. I believe that it happens to everyone i.e. being accepted in a college, department, hostel floor and finally by a group of people is a process. But in my case, the scenario has been a little different because mostly the acceptance level reaches its peak at the department level.


                                                                                             Often people who are close to me explain the reason for it is a WILD STYLE of living life I follow or probably some of you might understand and relate to that, that I am a kind of a mutant strain among rule-following, pretentious and monotonous robots of this society.
                                                            I was raised as a free soul by my parents and siblings. I was always taught to question, speak the truth and follow my dreams. We as kids were given lessons of sharing information amongst each other, not lying about whereabouts and our achievements. But as I grew up I realised it was all for a ruse to become one of the best schools in the city or being the best education imparting college. It really didn't matter if the words which were spoken and taught were hollow. It was all about getting more enrollment in the coming year or just a way of earning money. I say these things because as I grew up and started imparting those lessons in my life is when I was stopped and obstructed by those same people who taught me those lessons.
                                                     How to live life has always been a challenge for humans (surprisingly more than less evolved species surrounding them). Sometimes life is too hard to handle and sometimes it is too good to believe. For some living life is simple i.e. following the pre-set rules and regulations by their family, society, culture. For some, it is a mix of random events with the above-said things. For some, it is more complicated than that, that is worrying about other's happiness and griefs more than paying attention to own issues. For me, living life has always been just one thing - "Simplicity". Since my childhood, I have tried to live and love in a simplistic manner as much as a human can. Not interfering with other's issues, being true to self and profession, always trying to achieve idealism, being truthful even in difficult times, not cheating and being straightforward about my feelings have been some of the attributes which I have tried to maintain or at least follow throughout the thirty years of my existence.


                                                                   Still, most of the robots around me read it as arrogance, disrespect for authority or just an attitude of not caring enough for what they are thinking about me. These feelings which people surrounding me have, have also seeped into my work life and have affected me in a very strange and mind-boggling way. I have been labelled as the Mutant Strain. Someone who is not sophisticated enough to address people in authority. A person who lives a lifestyle which is obviously not acceptable to everyone (I do not want my readers to interpret this as a rant about being treated differently but as an observation of how judgemental and wrong a group of people can be sometimes). The thing to which they call my Wild Style, in my opinion, is the way everyone should live that is by caring and sharing. Be it information, sadness, happiness or just an opinion. Everyone who has come on this planet has a certain identity, certain self-respect, certain wishes and certain ideas about doing things and living life. No one has the right to just stomp over all those things just because they think they can or because they do not understand what the other person is thinking. I say this because not understanding what the other person feels is the biggest weakness a human can have.


                                                                        So now the question remains - What is "WILD STYLE"? For me, it is a way of living freely, expressing freely, speaking my mind, being approachable, not being scared, it is an art, a poem,  it is happiness, it is a way of expressing my love, gratitude, hatred. Wild Style is an enigma. It is an idea which enables our soul to explore the world without doubts. A huge whirlpool of feelings, thoughts, abstract thinking, free ideas, the source of discoveries, invention.
Wild Style is me; I am a WILD STYLE.     

READ.SHARE.COMMENT












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas