Skip to main content

Life as I Know it....

The inspiration to write this blog came from the very same person who will be secretly in my heart forever. Yeah, I am talking about 'Her'. She inspired me to write this not in one but in many ways. Before I dig into the matter of the blog I would just like to say that it is not her story which has inspired me but the way she moulded her life and the way others around me do the same. It just makes me wonder what all I did to survive the last three decades and what else is required for me to inculcate in my life to be a successful person. A person who is happy both personally and professionally. 


                                                      Being born in the family of intellectuals is a double-edged sword. On one hand, where it is the best feeling to be surrounded by people who are an encyclopedia of information in all sphere s of life, on the other, there is a very competitive environment which makes you regret being born in such a family. The reason why I started from my own family is my belief in this view i.e. a person who is not comfortable in talking about how his family has changed his life is a person who doesn't deserve to observe, write and say anything about anyone.  So, as I was saying that I have been part of both the things i.e. participating in extremely creative and intellectual conversations, also a part of a comparison between siblings which has led to the birth of an abstract race between us. Although it was never harmful to me in any way and helped in overall development, I wonder how I would have felt with my siblings and how strong/weak our bond would have been if not for this race. Life has always been a mixed bag for us. I have never lived a year where I have reached a certain kind of plateau in any sphere of life. Sometimes it was a professional jolt, sometimes personal but one thing has always been constant i.e. hard work and determination. Hard work in a sense that if the situation was difficult it required a lot of hard work to make sure that I tolerated it. Also if it was a happy occasion it required a lot of hard work to keep it going. While working hard determination became a part of it and me in some ways. Having said that I would also mention that I don't say that I was or still am the most hardworking person. I am an average person who just likes to crunch hours together on something.  



So as I was saying that these two have been the pillars of my life for the past decade and have helped me reach where I stand now. Be it writing, studying, jogging or just following any other hobby. Everyone has their own stories and the constants which lead on those stories. But Life as I know it has always been a surprise and a journey for me. The reason why I use the word 'Journey' is that whatever situation came in my life be it a loss of a loved one, success in cracking one of the toughest exams of my life, someone close to me excelling in their field or just meeting someone I would always love was not just a click of a second or a matter of a few days. Everything had so many 'ifs' and 'buts', everything had so many different factors bringing them together, everything was like a story being played in front of my eyes. I really felt a step by step approach to a problem and then finding a correct solution for it. I see people everyday struggling (the same way I have) in their lives. Some of them face even more struggles and still turn out to be a better person than I am. 



Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had made a few different decisions than what I did.  Yeah, everyone has that retrospective side to them when they sit and contemplate about their life. Most of us believe that it causes regrets and further damage to our minds but I strongly believe reflecting upon yourself is the best way to improve and move on from the past. Is it good to contemplate your biggest fears? In my opinion, it is. You may differ but the only thing I never want to have in my life is the regret of not trying to fight, not taking a risk when it could have uplifted my life and brought what I always wanted in my life. 
                                                                         The only message I would like to give to my readers through this is that life might put you down, it might make you feel unnecessary sometimes but there is always a choice to make. Always a choice. Would you go down in history as someone who fought against all odds and went onto become what you wanted or just another person in the crowd who took the easiest way out? 

READ.SHARE.COMMENT






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for