Skip to main content

21 Days Lockdown - Days 19, 20 & 21

Hello everyone! 
So we have arrived at the end of the initial phase of lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus. Although I have enjoyed each and every entry in my journal describing how it has been for the past 21 days I think the last 72 hours have been phenomenal. I say this because for the past 72 hours I have not been on duty except tonight and still have enjoyed each and every second of it. I know it is difficult to believe that a person could enjoy in the time of pandemic but do not confuse my attempts to keep myself happy with the normal joyous atmosphere a person has in normal times. I got back to my habit of reading, jogging and listening to jazz. Listening to jazz has been an easy task as compared to before when I was doing my under graduation. Now, we have millions of songs at the touch of our fingers if we are a member of any of the streaming services. Few of the readers had also asked me the reason for citing two of most uncommon heroes of my life in the previous blog. To them, I have to say that with those two important stories I wanted to showcase courage of a frontline worker in these times. 


Before I have maintained my exam dates as a matter of confusion and irritation, now after reading a couple of notifications from higher authorities we have a little clearer picture of exams being held in the middle of the month of June. It is a big relief as it clarifies about the date when we will be moving on to the next phase of our lives. 
I learnt a few new things about my resolve and determination in the past 21 days. I also tried to improve many of my skills during this lockdown, most of which I shared with you. When I say that this lockdown has been easy on me it does not diminish the importance of the problems which are being faced by people who are of gregarious habit for e.g. recently one of my friends called me and described how she had disturbed sleep cycles as she has not been able to communicate physically with her colleagues and friends. These are a few of the challenges which we have to face during this tough time (till 3rd May now). Many of my readers have also asked me about my views on lockdown. Although I have already described them very briefly in one of my previous entries again I would like to stress upon the importance of the slow rise in positive cases of COVI-19 so that our healthcare system is not overburdened. This lockdown helps us to achieve such a state. 


India is a developing country and is one of those countries in which the healthcare system has been neglected for a very long period of time. If the cases of COVID-19 increase exponentially in our country we will run out of hospital beds, ICUs, and even healthcare workers who are at par to screen and collect samples from patients pretty soon. We do not have an appropriate doctor to patient, nurse to patient or hospital beds to patient ratio in our country.
These prevailing conditions should be an eye-opener for all those who have criticised doctors nurses and other healthcare workers for earning money without performing their duties as they bring out the truth in front of the country that none of the healthcare workers have ever gotten what they deserved. This should speak volumes towards the condition which has been faced by migrant labourers for decades, ignored by the rich people of our society who believe that during a special day in a year they could go share food or things with these underprivileged humans and make everything better.
This should be an eye-opener for the society in which we live towards the increasing gap between the rich and the poor. These conditions do not just put healthcare workers, migrant labourers or the people belonging to lower socioeconomic status at risk but also brings out the social inequality which prevails in our country and to which everybody turns a blind eye. As I have already said before still this is not the time to sit upon these issues but make sure that these issues are noted and taken care of when our country stands on its feet again after recovering from the economic setback this pandemic has brought upon us.


In the past 72 hours, I ran for approximately 29 kilometres on two separate occasions and felt good about it. Running has been a part of my lifestyle and I am really grateful that I have been able to continue my lifestyle in one way or another. The journey of the first 21 days was amazing for me as during many of my journalling days I came up with good/bad ideas to affect my life or daily routine. These 21 days made me think about many of the things which were at the corner of my brain but I could never act upon due to my habit of procrastination. I am sure that many of you might have felt the same. So, guys, this was about my last 72 hours and the things which I thought during that time. I would like to thank all of my readers for being with me for the past 21 days as my critics or as people who have constantly corrected me for my grammatical mistakes.
Thanks to all of you. I hope that we all survive COVID-19 and meet together as we used to during normal days. Be safe. 
READ. SHARE. FOLLOW. COMMENT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for