Skip to main content

21 Days Lockdown - Day 5

Hello everyone!
I hope you all are doing fine. It already is the fifth day of 21 days lockdown and the differences between the last five days or maybe the coming days seem to become more blurry as the lockdown proceeds. I feel the major reason for that is is a lack of routine which I had been following since the beginning of my life. I am pretty sure that I was this free only when I was less than 3 years of age. Since then, I have been under a very strict schedule of the school, sports and working hard to get good marks for a better future. I know many of you might have been following a stricter schedule or might not be following any schedule at all but I feel that this lockdown will make us realise no matter how redundant our schedules were for a third party, they still made sense. It was that schedule which made me get up every day and go to work. Nowadays I keep on forgetting days and dates when I get up in the morning. All this seems so unreal as there has never been a day when I was actually free. Either I would have school, sometimes extra classes or just regular classes in my medical college without any holidays in a year. If I would get holidays then that will be 15 days in summers and only 10 days in winters. So, this lack of schedule has made me realise the importance of routine which I used to follow, which used to irritate me and made me feel like a robot. Today I can see that being that robot was a little better than being clueless about what am I going to do next. 


So due to this, I took a decision of dividing my day into four parts. Obviously, I will not bother you with my detailed schedule but will give you the gist of it. As divides the Phase 1 starts at 12 in the midnight with sleep and finishes at 8:00 a.m. Phase 2 starts at 8 a.m. which comprises of my daily activities like having breakfast, going for a run and then having a good cup of black coffee before I sit to study for my exams. It finishes with lunch. Phase 3 starts with few hours of studies followed by a good session of cardio or strength training leading to a good meal (if possible). Phase 4 is a phase where I write to communicate with you guys and also give final touches to what I read for the whole day. After deciding to divide my day into 4 parts I think I might be able to get into some routine to get out of this abyss of laziness which is just pulling me down towards it. I started my day according to the plan, during which I realised that it was really hard to follow it as again there were no specific boundaries between the phases which I just described. I feel that I can do it, so let's see how it goes for the next week.


The second highlight of my day was when I went out to do cardio with one of my batchmates from orthopaedics. We had quite a good run of 6.5 miles. He is University player for hockey from our college and is into physical fitness as I am. It was a good run as we could maintain a pace of 10 kilometres per hour and did not get tired, the only problem was that he developed sores in his right foot as he was not wearing proper shoes for the run. His decision to run with me was impromptu. When I went out today what I saw was a little sad. Maybe it was because I was feeling a little negative being isolated from the world or maybe it was actually sad. Normally on Sundays, we do not have much traffic and people moving around on main roads a fact which was compounded with the period of lockdown. I could not see even a single soul throughout the road. It was a little depressing which made me realise that even if I do maintain social distance in my normal life i.e. a life without a  pandemic still, seeing people around or seeing human habitation around is what makes me feel normal. This can also be explained by a concept that since our childhood we are told that being with people or around them is a normal thing to do. Right now we are in a situation that the basic human nature has changed. This leads to a little disparity in our behaviour. Having said that I also know the importance of social distancing and proper precautions to be taken to fight this pandemic. 


As I have already told we do not have a choice. I also read about the recent addition of 'Mann ki Baat' by our Prime Minister. The best thing which I liked about it was that he started his speech with an apology for the right reasons. Now many of you might think that it might be a political stunt so that people do not dislike him, I choose to believe that he actually gave a heartfelt apology for mismanagement and unplanned lockdown. The other good thing about his speech was that he kept the focus on the problem at hands and did not use this opportunity to further his political agenda. Although we have seen that government has announced various packages concerning poor families, people who are getting fired from their jobs and many others who need economic support still there has to be a substantial action which tells us that all these announcements are actually being executed. Government says that India has so and so number of labs but still there is a lack in screening in most of the states as I read it in an article (based on numbers) by The Quint. Although it is 5th day of the lockdown still the pace at which we are progressing towards developing a good screening system which not just encompasses rich and privileged but the poor too is pretty slow. This should be a warning bell for us in future. I hope we achieve what we have pledged to do in this pandemic and set an example for the rest of the world. 
Rest of my day was pretty normal as I studied, had a good meal and then studied further. All in all, it was not a very event full day as Day 3 and Day 4. I hope you enjoyed reading it and would share your experiences with me in the comments section. 
READ.SHARE.COMMENT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for