Skip to main content

21 Days Lockdown - Day 2

Hello Everyone!
Today was Day 2 of the lockdown. I hope most of you are still negative for COVID-19 and are enjoying at your homes. 
My day started pretty normally and for a change, it started earlier than usual. Got a call from home enquiring about my health and checking if I was taking proper precautions to fight this menace. Immediately after breakfast, I came across a piece of very sad news - In Delhi, people are evicting all the doctors who are working directly or indirectly with patients of COVID-19. I guess the praise for some of them yesterday was premature. Today in the world when doctors are the most respected professionals as they are risking their lives and are working day/night for the welfare of their patients, there are those who think that it would be the right time to screw them as they are at a risk for developing COVID-19 from them. I would like to say that it's not just selfish but also a new level of cruelty our society has reached. Having said that I would also like to inform you that I somehow expected this to happen, not that I predicted that someone will be thrown out of their rented space but knew that somehow we doctors will suffer. I say this because being a doctor in this country is worse than anything else. Although there are many reasons for that, to name a few - everyone believes more in religion than science, everyone keeps on competing in displaying their half-cooked wrong medical knowledge, everyone thinks that it's not education but money which matters in the end, last but not the least everyone thinks that they know better than doctors because they have a better quality of life than them. I won't use this write-up to put an end to all these misconceptions. Moving on with a heavy heart for those who were wrongfully evicted I started my schedule for the preparation of my final exams. 
Most of my evening went fine as I was able to study better, read and retain more than yesterday. 


There were two highlights in my day. First, when apart from all the calls to clear doubts COVID-19 and surprisingly HCV, a friend called just to ask how I was doing. We discussed the lockdown life and what was the scene at her end. Suddenly our conversation took a turn and we found ourselves dwelling upon the thought that how Indian parents force their children especially daughters to marry as soon as they cross their teen year. So this particular friend is in the same boat. Obviously, I will not discuss our conversation but like to give my piece of mind to those people who have made it their life's aim to make unmarried people understand how important it is to get married. I would like to say to the people who preach that marriage is the only way out of life's misery or a way ahead in future - FUCK OFF!. Guys, it's not true that marriage is an only way ahead. Not at all. Getting married is a choice, a choice one makes when he is ready. Being with a partner comes with its own responsibility and duties. I don't say that one should run from commitment but one should also not commit just for the sake of it. The decision to marry someone should be well thought off and should never be taken in haste. The problem with most of the Indian parents is that they keep on pushing their children towards something which is not just unwanted in their life but also most unwelcome. 


When such an attempt is made on their part because they want to get rid of the responsibility of marrying their kids, they actually sow the seeds of further discord and chaos in their children's life. We live in the 21st century and this is the time to explore, a time to live life the way you want because you have those options which were not available a decade ago. Being pushed towards something you disagree with leads to fights and alienation of both the concerned parties. Now is the time when parents should understand what are the other options which their children can choose from and hence diversify from the very conventional or a traditional household. It's not just the parents but even we should try to help them in understanding our point of view instead of thinking that they should read our minds. So we discussed few of these points in details and I got back to my books. The second was my run. I did 8k today which was well under the pace I hope to achieve every time I run i.e. 6:00 minutes/km. Our running track, as usual, looked beautiful. There were birds chirping everywhere and sky showing different types of colours as the sun moved from east to west. When I started jogging it was a sunny day but when I finished it was already dusk with a brick red sky over my head with the complementary wind blowing. I have found that sticking to your targets day and night and not thinking what would happen if it will all end is the best way to not get depressed so far. 


Most of my day went as I planned but it ended on a very sad note as India faced the maximum surge in positive cases in a day i.e. 88. Although the number of cases is expected to increase as the time goes by I hope this strict lockdown brings some temporary respite from the spread of this deadly disease. I hope it all falls in place. So this was my day 2 of the lockdown. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Let me know about your experiences in the comments sections. See you tomorrow. 
READ.FOLLOW.SHARE














Comments

  1. And by the end of the day, one friend was pestering you to get her some medicines..you missed that part😜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for