Skip to main content

21 Days Lockdown - Day 1


Hello Everyone!
I hope all of you are doing fine and well. As we all know that there is a pandemic upon us, as a medical professional I would suggest all my readers to follow the instructions given by their respective State Governments and Central Government of India. Before I dive into my first day of the lockdown I would request and urge you all to share your thoughts and experiences of the lockdown in comments or in the e-mail provided in my profile. 
Today I woke up to a new India. A country which despite its many different ideologies has united to fight a common enemy - COVID-19. A country which comprises of numerous religions, massive numbers of languages and superstitions coming together to believe in scientific facts. For the first time in my life, I saw this colossal effort by the population of a country to make sure that they fight disease. I know I am young and there have been bigger outbreaks but I am sure of one thing that this is the first time any disease has made everyone - 'One'. This massive response on part of my countrymen is really appreciable. Maybe we will be able to defeat or as we say in medical terms reverse the epidemic. Maybe we will reach a certain level of herd immunity over a long period of time or flatten the curve of the disease. I have read the e-news and I feel that the lockdown has been taken seriously in most parts of the country, as suggested by our Prime Minister. Among many posts, I also found people following the old traditional values and not obeying to the rules and regulations set by the authorities. Although it was disheartening to see that still, I feel that the majority of us are trying to bring the change. I guess this is all due to the advent of advance technology in our lives. Maybe next year when a child writes an essay on uses of science this explosion of information will be remembered. 


I have noticed that lack of routine in your life makes you inherently lazy. As I belong to the medical field, work from home is out of question. In these difficult times, we have been posted alternatively keeping in mind that even if there is spread of COVID-19 in the hospital, at a time only 1/3rd of the team gets sick. I started my day very late i.e. approximately noontime. I was actually woken up by a call from home enquiring about my welfare. Soon I decided to get on with my work i.e. preparation for my final exams as their postponement has not come with any other definitive date. An irritating concept as it is easier to bear the stress of exams when you know about the judgement day. Half an hour into my studies I received another call from a worried friend wanting to know more and clear some doubts about the pandemic we are facing. 


Most of my evening went in highly interrupted studies as sometimes it was the general public and sometimes it was me trying to concentrate (hard). I guess study wise it was not so good a day as I could not complete most of my targets. A thing which I have realised is that when you try to concentrate, you get distracted more or in many cases not able to put up best of your effort. The highlight of my day was my regular exercise routine which went smoothly. I have made sure that I remain fit and do not get out of shape during these 21 days as I feel that even if we are able to achieve all the positive things I mentioned above still, most of the workforce will be tired and dejected due to the amount of work they will do or things they will face in coming 21 days. In that case my community, my patients will require someone to be fit and fine to carry on the mantle of purity which my profession exudes. I also request my fellow colleagues to be as fit as they can be as we do not know what we might have to face in future. 


Two other things which I would like to share came to me when I went for a jog today. First, as I entered the running track with a mask on my face (we have to cross the main road, hence the protection) I could see a sky full of birds and a dark red sun setting on my city. I could feel the poetry in the wind as it blew in my hair. Wind free of pollution, free of gases - just pure and simple fresh air. The last time I had this feeling was in the 1990s, a time when we relied more on our bicycles, feet and public transport. The moment I put my feet in that track I knew that although this virus was consuming humans, in an indirect way it was cleansing the nature. The cost of which has to be paid by the very same people who harmed it. I know its a morbid thought but it also is the harsh reality which we are facing today. Running, skipping, strength training felt amazing at that very particular point of time. I was with nature at its best. No one around but two students. Second, the smile of acknowledgement which I received from my students. They bowed their head and wished me good-evening. It made me felt good, actually uplifted my mood a little. Since the day SARS CoV-2 has affected humanity there has been a general mood of distaste among people, no matter which nationality was affected first and the most. That smile of acknowledgement uplifted my mood because it made me believe that still there were people who had hope. Who were ready to fight. Although they were students, still they were staying in the hostels waiting for their turn to come for service to humanity. I know there are other several interpretations one might like to put for the same incident but I choose to believe in humanity. In unity. 
Res t of my evening was pretty normal i.e. I had my daily dose of meat with some fibres. Wrote this blog and also tried to complete the targets reset in the evening. I hope you had fun peeking into my life for a day. Hope to see you tomorrow. 

READ.FOLLOW.SUBSCRIBE

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Shimla - The Queen Of Hills !

Bone-chilling cold crept up  my legs into my torso. My teeth started chattering when I suddenly realized that the temperature had gone far below zero degree Celsius. I switched on the ignition of my car and turned on the heater to full blast before my legs became numb.                                     This is how I was welcomed to Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, in the month of January. Luckily, my car started immediately against my strong belief that it would not in such cold weather, as, that was the first time I had driven my Volkswagon Polo to a hill station in winters. I woke my college mate up who had coiled like a viper on the conductor seat of our car under the common blanket we had been sharing for past four hours. Being taller and heavier between us, my legs had to bear the wrath of winters as most of the time they had not been covered. At that moment I cursed myself for making such a rash decision of traveling to Shimla in the evening. The reason for