Skip to main content

Sun Sets on Everything....

Recently I experienced a loss of someone very close to me. Although it made me extremely sad but also made me think about things. Things like what is life? What are we doing every day i.e. while we are at work or just sitting around and chatting with a friend or are watching a movie in a theatre/home or just hitting the pub at odd timings and coming back late on a Saturday Night? Yeah, I know there are many other things which we do apart from the things which I have mentioned but I thought I would list the most common and generic ways of passing time in everyday life. 

                                                                           Coming back to the point from where it all started. By 'it' I mean my thinking process of thinking things i.e. looking at grey areas of life. It was a monsoon of 2012 when I first realized that even my brain could contemplate thoughts like empathy, thinking ahead of time and making plans for the future. Although the trigger for it was too unfortunate for me the thought of thinking about new things and exploring this side of my brain excited me. When I look back retrospectively I feel that even though it was six years ago  I still am a trainee in this game called handling difficult situations and learning from mistakes. I say that because one thing which I have learned in these six years is that all of these thoughts - Who are we? What are we doing ? are so big and complicated feelings that there are no particular answers to them. 
                                               Getting up every morning with a whole purpose of objectively analyzing a stranger's sample can become monotonous if not mixed up with thoughts like these. Being a doctor gives a great sense of responsibility but can also be extremely stressful sometimes. In the midst of this confusion, frustration, and uncertainty about the future it becomes necessary for a person to think about the future. Plan out new paths of life.  Try out new things based on the newly developed thought processes. Trying to pursue new passions. 
                                                                                When you try to ponder over any of these thoughts people pull you down. Many tell you that they already did and found out nothing. Some tell you why to pressurize already stressed brain. Then there are some who do not understand what's going in your complicated brain and just consider it as your depression. Last but not the least there are those too who try to categorize you into various classes of people they have made in their mind. For example, when I entered my post-graduation in Microbiology I had just one aim in my mind to be more accessible and available to my students. I had already thought of using social media for the purpose of it. To my surprise, an attempt to be a good teacher was scrutinised and called as an attempt by a single man to interfere in people's life. At first, I was amazed by the shallow thinking of my peers and juniors as well, followed by anger and casual attitude towards teaching them. 


                                                                               I became a part of a machine which churns out many postgraduates and undergraduates every year based on guidelines and curriculums. I was about to be shackled by the chains of YES and NO when my family (especially my brother) made me realise that it wasn't the end of it. If my methods of approaching people and teaching them were true and pure then a time shall come when they would prevail over all the stupid things said about them. I won't say that it didn't require any changes in my initial plan but finally it happened. The lesson I learnt from it was that be a good or a bad thing Sun Sets on Everything. There is no such thing as everlasting bad luck or good luck. Everything which has started will complete a full circle and die down eventually. Be it gossips, progress, plateau phase of life or life literally. There are moments which make us weak, there are those moments which take us on cloud nine, then there are those when we are confused about the purpose of life. All these situations, thoughts, and feelings lead us somewhere. A place where the fire has to go down and something good or bad has to come out of it. A new horizon with a plethora of new thoughts. A new place where it's not just thoughts but feelings, abstract thinking, and actions become one. Although it requires a lot more sacrifices as compared to what we plan in our minds it finally pays off. It pays off big deal when we tolerate or handle the situations in a manner they are supposed to be handled. I would not say that results are as rosy as this picture of entering this new world looks. They can be the exact opposite of what we thought or exactly the predictions which we made. 
           


                                                                               Experiencing successes and failures gives you a purpose. A purpose of doing every day's work. They teach you to love, fight and accept. In my opinion, both failure and success are ingredients of a complete person because where one makes you happy other introduces you to the feeling of being sad and in turn teach you tolerance and resilience. Where one tells you the importance of being good to everyone the other introduces you to the real feeling of people around you. Where one makes you strong and confident the other makes sure that that feeling of being strong is not confused with arrogance. Where one gives you a reason to celebrate life with the loved ones the other teaches you to share the grief of others. Both success and failure are like sides of the same coin. Sometimes you get heads and sometimes tails. It can be as simple as that in a bigger picture. In a nutshell, I urge each and every one of you to live life as you want because what comes next is highly uncertain and might be surprising. This life is full of so many spontaneous moments despite all our planning that we tend to forget the biggest truth of this world which is - Sun Sets on Everything......
READ.FOLLOW.SUBSCRIBE
         

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas