Skip to main content

Old and Alone!!

Leaving from a very long and tiring duty towards my mess I felt that I was Old and Alone. While crossing the main road (as we have to; to reach the other part of the campus) I took a step down from the sidewalk. The left knee buckled and I almost fell on my face on the road ahead which was full of traffic. The feeling of being old was pretty obvious from that but soon after the incident, I realised that none of the people (my batchmates) around me came to help. Not that I particularly wanted them to come and pick me up but enquiring about not getting injured was at least what I was expecting out of them.
Before you judge me, read me a little further. I am no fool who would count this one incident as a reason to write about this topic nor am I a man who is particularly sensitive to share feelings and someone who wants others to pity him. These are just some feelings which I like to describe to my readers from time to time.

                                                                         
                                       The average age of an Indian male is 63 years. Seeing my current and past health, the near foreseeable future I can say that I have lived half of it. Having said that; I wish and pray to cross that barrier of 63 when my time comes. 
                                                                            Tonight I realised and said hello to getting old. Old not because we don't fall when we are young or when we are not stepping correctly. Old because there were times when I would be fast and wrong, yet my body would take the burden and make sure that I didn't fall on my face. There can be 'n' number of reasons for me to take that fall but I was sure that instant, it was my knee giving away. Giving away due to the overweight it bears. Giving away to constraints in my mind. Giving away to tensions of the future. Giving away because I have forgotten to live in present, rather, I spend most of my time thinking about things that are not in front of my eyes. It often happens that, when we get what we want we tend to forget the very basic need of a good life - Health. We tend to forget how important it is for us to seize every moment we get with our loved ones, to seize every chance and joy which life brings with it. Buckling of my knee somehow made me think of other things which made me feel old. Be it intolerance to cheese and cheesy products, be it the inability to party continuously for three days for my birthday, be it the inability to sleep comfortably each and every night (due to worries of the unknown). Getting old is not new. I am sure most of you who are reading might be able to relate to it. Getting old for me is somehow proving difficult to cope up. Maybe because I am a little bit late in achieving my life goals. Maybe just because I want to be that 22 years old kid who would risk everything on an impulse. Maybe it's not the old age but maturity that comes with it (not that I am very mature) makes me think like this. 


                                                                   The feeling of alone comes with "Dhalti Umar". There comes a time in everyone's life when they start wishing to be gregarious. Although it is too late for me to have that feeling still, I do have it. It's not a longing for a life partner but just another human being who understands what I want to say or portray by my actions. That one person whom you can trust completely. A person whom you can always take granted and that one person whom you can rely on for all the right and wrong things which you do. That one person who stays with you no matter what. Not having that person and the feeling of fulfilment comes with it, irks me sometimes. The "not asking for injury part" did kindle that feeling in me. Apart from that the very unexpected and excellent end of The Murder On The Orient Express made me go deeper inside that thought. While that thought was still in the process of being formed, I decided to write tonight's piece. Having said all of the above things there is this other thing which I would like to mention about the end of these two thoughts in my mind tonight.

                                                                                    Every dark night is followed by a bright and sunny day. Every problem has a solution. I have got mine for these two big monsters in my life. I defy the increasing age by working harder and harder. Day and night making sure that I am better than before. Getting up every morning and getting ready to prepare the reports of unknown individuals with the fullest of my concentration and capacity. Making sure that I defeat the previous day me every day. Explaining and making my heart understand that life has to be lived to the fullest of excitement and zeal. I do this to make myself fight the bad omens of my life as some of you might do. I believe that it's more honourable to die trying than accepting what comes with good/bad destiny. I believe that the purpose of life is not just to be a drone to your work or a slave to the feeling of earning, it is to make memories, taking your own decisions (mistakes/great ones), taking the control in your hand. Life is to write your own destiny. It is to expect and hope. It is to remain young and with everyone. 
READ.COMMENT.SHARE

Comments

  1. I can totally relate to the "dhalti umar". Though you've got to be with yourself and that is what life outside India has taught me, you are never alone if you are with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I het that feelimg too even in India. No matter wherever you go. No matter what ever you do. You have to be with yourself

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas