Skip to main content

Dog. Pet. Jugnu

CHAPTER 1

                                                           I still remember that day when we first thought of bringing this cute thing in the picture to our home. I remember it very vividly. Inspite of all the problems which we had been facing for a very long period of time at home, I and my brother were very excited to bring a dog at home. It's not that we didn't try it before. I brought home a bitch named Laila earlier but as all Lailas do, she ran away with a Majnu. Then there was an extremely healthy puppy in the countryside which we adopted - Mota. Mota was dropped back with his family due to a certain tragedy. Then came Tommy a Goldie who was returned because of allergies to my brother.Finally, we all agreed (also after immense research) that Labrador Retriever was the dog which we should bring home and this time keep him with us forever. Giving me the very first image I posted.
                                                                  Bringing Jugnu home was not an easy task cause because at that time finding a good Lab in Hisar was rare. We had to travel all the way to Mohali in Punjab (neighbouring state). We started early in the morning as that place was four hours away. After reaching there we had two choices either take him home or the other one who was a little shorter. Both the puppies were extremely cute and playful but somehow he clicked to the mind. Bringing him in the car was another big task as he was just 30 days old and would piss and shit wherever deemed fit to him. We had this big tub fitted on the conductor side of the car in which we placed him on newspapers. While coming back we drove at almost fifty km/hr as we were afraid of harming him. Although it was a very long and tiring journey and we had no money left to buy food as we had to buy all the other things which come home with a puppy. Yeah, we researched but I guess forgot to see this part which starts when the puppy arrives at home. Anyway, as I was describing my journey, we had to travel some 200 to 250 km in 6 to 8 hours. When we reached back everyone was very happy to have a puppy at home. Everyone welcomed him as a new member of the family, but, there was a certain apprehension in his stance and behaviour. Mainly due to extreme change of environment from a farm with his family to concrete floors with walls. Maybe because there were suddenly humans instead of his own people. After judging his apprehension we all decided not to pressurise him with all the mushy love one gives to a puppy. We just allowed him to be wherever he wanted to be, which was mostly under some shed or some corner. He was smeared with his own shit and also piss because as a puppy he had little knowledge of keeping himself clean and would go and sit in both. Apart from that he also had a certain habit of not letting himself be alone without supervision. Even on the first day, he would prefer coming and sitting on someone's feet and curling around it. Such is the love of a dog that even when you meet them for the first time and care just for a minute or two, they become attached to you and feel secure with you. It's pure and kind in some amazing way. The rest of the day passed with suppressed excitement for the new puppy at home. Night came early in those twenty-four hours. We had a good supper and were about to sleep after settling him in a carton when he suddenly became afraid of something and started crying. I and my brother went back running to his room and held him close to us. That thing, that smallest of a gesture made him so comfortable that he slept within a couple of minutes. We thought "OK he might have been afraid in dark let's switch on the lights and go back. But the same thing happened as soon as we were leaving the room. Him crying and sleeping again as soon as we came back. That was the moment I realised that I was an owner of a dog now who needed, loved and wanted me in his life no matter what. It also took away all the tiredness I had due to travel and gave that effort a new meaning. Made every single second we waited for him to piss outside the car while coming back home worth it. 

         READ.COMMENT.SHARE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas