Skip to main content

Jogging

When your breaths are too rhythmic and the legs are burning with a fire-like sensation that is peak time for your jog or simply a run. Today I would like to talk about the very basic and most difficult of the jobs we humans know - Jogging.
                             
  I started jogging in the middle of  2013. Although I still am a learner in the field of cardio but would like to share my experience. We all hear different versions of different athletes about cardio but in my opinion, instead of trusting blindly the said or heard things everyone should try to discover their own style. That's the first definitive and best step you can take towards this exercise. I don't believe in this fact that it's an activity that can be fun. I consider it as a way of discipline( so, therefore, no fun ) and endurance in life. Although I don't want to impose my views over my reader's but still would like to emphasise again that even though it sounds strange, still, jogging is one of the best ways to control your desires and life in a broader sense. When you take that first step on a track you feel the sense of purpose coming in you. The purpose of completing something. The purpose of giving something back to your own body. Respecting it. Suddenly you are focused towards whatever is in your mind. All the world's tensions or responsibilities melt into nothingness and it makes you think better and more clearly. Sometimes there is so much clarity that you start feeling the touch of the wind on your face and in your hair. 
                                            The touch of the earth below your feet pushing you forward with the friction created by your feet. Basically, you start feeling alive and more driven towards the basic human need to be with nature. Out of the materialistic world which we have created in our own concrete jungles. After those twenty to forty minutes, you feel the rush of endorphins getting released in your body and giving you that high of a lifetime. Each and every muscle responding to your brain's command. Your ears hearing more and more acutely. The vision in eyes becomes clearer. I still remember an incident while I was at peak of my jogging schedule. There were some kids playing volleyball next to the track I was running on. One of them hit the ball a little too hard and it came roaring at me like a giant bullet aiming for my face. Thanks to my heightened senses I stopped it in mid-air and returned it to them. Their careless behaviour didn't even make me angry cause I was so engrossed in my thoughts and focused on solving my problems that I didn't think twice about that incident until now which means it also contributes towards peace of my mind. So as I was saying that getting this feeling of being in control of things and enduring the pain or as I call it PRASAD of jogging is what you should live for. Apart from all these great feelings jogging also helps in keeping your heart and lungs healthy by increasing the work done by them. The work done makes them stronger and better in their performance. Most of the marathon runners have a resting heart rate below 60 and lower incidences of cardiac problems. It basically improves cardiovascular stability in your body. It also reduces the risk of diabetes mellitus and various other diseases. It also keeps you younger looking and fitter than a person of the same age group but not involved in the exercise. So basically jogging not only improves mental health but also keeps physical health in check. 
                                                                             In the nutshell jogging is not just an exercise for me but an abstract thing which is a part of my body. It's as necessary as breathing and as easy as sleeping for me.

PS - What are your thoughts about it ?? Please don't be shy to leave them in comments. Comments from athletes about techniques of exercising are also welcome.
COMMENT.SHARE.FOLLOW

Comments

  1. The words flow like that of the blood in your body, you know..I appreciate YOU and your efforts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the way you write things. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Some more thought s coming up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attention ! Attention !!

First though t -  Maybe some announcement. Wrong Second though t - OK. The author wants attention.  True In this particular piece, I would like to address an issue of - Lack of Attention amongst us. The motivation behind this particular piece is my real life friend. Lack of attention when someone talks, discusses, reads or writes something without graphical depiction of the subject is a real issue nowadays. The attention span of most of the modern humans has become smaller than the time taken by a hand grenade to explode after taking out the pin, which ranges from 4 to 8 seconds. This might seem like an exaggeration but is actually very true. The first proof in my argument is that few of the readers are already bored by now, reading about a Real Problem . So to just keep them engrossed here it is -                                                                               Many of you might choose to read about what I have to express, few because of the previo

Attention ! Attention !! 2.0

DISCLAIMER  I am not against any kind of invention, discovery or advancement of technology. This blog is not written because I feel superior to any other human just because of my profession.  This is not written to badmouth or discourage you from using some specific sites.  These are just my views about a particular subject. Nothing more. All the pictures used by me are downloaded from google and I do not own them.  I think I should start from where I wasn't clear in my last write-up , as, pointed out by few of my friends. So the problem about which I was talking was - the advent of technology in everyone's life. Before I express my views I would like you to go down the memory lane and remember about your school life. Do you remember how we used to have school debates and extempore. Now let the juices of your brain flow and try to extract out this particular information that in one of those you might have debated about the advent of technology in the modern era or

Awards and Achievements......

Born in a family of intellectuals it was always difficult for me to cope up with the achievements of my parents and siblings. The only discussion which used to take place for the most part of the year was how should we change and improvise our strategy to be at the top of the class, only academically. Physical superiority was never a strong suit at my home. Being fit and involved in any kind of physical work was looked down upon as a distraction and deviation from the real course of life. The Right Path.                                                                                    Meeting new people every year, those who would join the class with each new session was looked upon as measuring up them. Measuring them up in their intellect, physical prowess and finally coming to a conclusion what should be the new change in our plans to succeed in that year of life. I still remember myself as the black sheep of the family. Someone, who would never go in the direction of mas